How to choose socks for people with chapped feet?
In autumn and winter, many people’s hands and feet often dry and crack, especially the elderly will be troubled by their own feet. The heels and the outer edges of the soles of the feet are particularly dry and cracked. There are many white cracks. The socks will wear out after a few times. They will bleed and the pain is unbearable.
Causes of cracked feet
1. Climate and environmental impact
2. The sebaceous gland oil secretion is reduced in the aged people, and the feet often form cleft feet;
3. Thickening, cracking, hardening, lack of elasticity and movement of the stratum corneum of the heel or sole;
4. Frequent contact with detergents, soaps, dyes, paints and other irritants will corrode the skin;
5. Lack of vitamin A and vitamin E in the body can cause cracked feet;
6. Family inheritance or certain skin diseases, such as chronic eczema, hand, foot and ringworm, etc. can cause cleft feet.
How to choose socks?
People with dry feet should not wear socks with good moisture absorption. Such as wool socks, cotton socks and so on. This is because wearing cotton socks with good moisture absorption will absorb the moisture inside the skin, which will aggravate the dryness of the skin and make the dryness more serious.
Compared with wool socks and cotton socks, nylon stockings are less hygroscopic. For people with cracked feet, nylon stockings are more suitable because they can keep the feet moist and help relieve dryness and cracking of the skin on the feet. In addition, chemical fiber socks such as nylon are soft and durable, and will make people feel warm and comfortable when worn on the feet. However, chemical fiber socks are easy to get dirty, and they have an unpleasant smell after wearing them for a long time. Therefore, those with chapped feet should change and wash them in time when wearing chemical fiber socks.
Of course, wearing socks only treats the symptoms but not the root cause. How should people pay attention to and prevent people who are prone to dry and cracked feet in their daily lives?
Precautions or prevention
1. Avoid using strong alkaline detergents. Especially when washing hands in winter. Pay more attention to this point, you should choose a non-irritating neutral detergent, preferably containing vitamin B, vitamin E, aloe vera and other moisturizing ingredients.
2. People who have cracked, do not use hot water to scald them. This will not help the healing of the cracks, but will make the cracks worse.
3. The weather is getting colder. Pay special attention to keeping your feet warm to avoid freezing damage. you can massage your feet to speed up blood circulation and promote skin metabolism.
4. Properly do some outdoor activities. Frequently rub the skin of the hands and move the joints of the hands and feet to promote blood circulation and enhance cold tolerance.
5. For people who are prone to chapped hands, you must wear gloves during work or housework, and do not directly touch objects that irritate the skin, so as not to damage the stratum corneum of the skin and cause chapped hands.